Help Three Cups of Tea (3CT) promote girls’ education, literacy and peace: one penny, one pencil, one child, one book, and three cups of tea at a time!
1. Recommend 3CT to at least one person or place: family, friend, colleague, book club, professor and teacher, student, and places of worship.
2. It also makes a great gift for birthdays, holidays, mothers and fathers day, and celebrations.
3. Visit 3CT website (Greg Mortenson’s Calendar) and tell friends, family and acquaintances to attend events in their area.
4. Recommend 3CT to be selected for ‘One Book – One Read’ book event in your community – usually done through a library http://www.loc.gov/loc/cfbook/onebook/.
5. Recommend 3CT as a University or college-wide read or summer freshman read – this is very popular. In 2008, there were 56 universities that used the book as a First Year Experience or common read.
6. Ask bookstores without 3CT to stock the book, especially airport bookstores.
7. Send 3CT with a personal note to your Senators and /or Representatives, and ask them to read 3CT and support global (and local!) education and literacy initiatives. Several U.S. and global leaders have read 3CT.
8. Write a ‘letter editor’ to suggest 3CT and to support education and literacy, especially for girls, to promote peace, economic development and prosperity.
9. Ask magazines, newspapers, or radio station to review 3CT book (it helps to send a copy).
10. Learn about the power of girls’ education in an excellent, ‘bullet-point’ quick, read): What works in Girls Education, Barbara Herz, 2004, ISBN 0876093446.
11. Learn more about grassroots book promotion in Grassroots Marketing for Authors and Publishers by Shel Horowitz, 2007, ISBN 0961466634
12. Write a book review on Amazon.com, Amazon.ca (Canada), bn.com, borders.com, booksamillion.com, and independent bookstore website.
13. If you are unable to purchase copies, please contact Central Asia Institute .
14. Start Pennies For Peace in your school, library, or place of worship, or if you know a principal, teacher or student, ask them to visit www.penniesforpeace.org.
15. Make a tax deductible donation to non-profit Central Asia Institute, to promote and support community-based education, especially for girls, in remote regions of Afghanistan and Pakistan www.ikat.org. Federal ID 51-0376237.